Wednesday 7 February 2007

House to let

Three weeks ago I had four of the Chester letting agents pop out to work out how much rent to charge the lucky tenants who would occupy my house whilst I am away. I chose the one who drove a soft top BMW (lovely car!) and wanted to charge the most rent.

Here's the blurb they are using to market my den.
"A cottage full of character which is located in a rural village location approx 5 mins drive to the Chester business park and Chester city centre. The accommodation comprises porch, dining hall, living room, breakfast kitchen, three double bedrooms and 4 piece bathroom. The property benefits from parking for several vehicles, GCH and rear courtyard."

Don't you just love estate agent speak? Four piece bathroom I guess is the polite way of saying I have a bidet. Very important for storage of the week's dirty socks. Describing it as a "cottage" too is a bit odd. In some respects they've got this right, but really the place is just "quirky", although not a great marketing word, this would be more accurate.
Anyway here's the pictures.

Anyone want a quirky house next to a fab pub? Yep, no takers yet, which is frustrating as pyschologically I ready to hop on the plane. The rent has now been reduced to be closer to what the non BMW driving agents recommended. So fingers crossed for quick action. There are still cheap flights out of Madrid heading to Santiago. Just know my name's on one of their seats. ( I will Easy Jet it to Madrid from Liverpool) .

More posts later as I need to blow my nose (shocking this bird flu outbreak isn't it?)