Sunday 21 October 2007

Cute Foodstuffs





To the west of Latacunga is a very remote and traditional area that scores highly in backpackers reports on Ecuador. The area is titled the Quilatoa loop. I started my looping in the small market town of Saquisili. The weekly market here attracts a lot of visitors, but for me it was not a patch on Guamote's. Interesting all the same.

From here I took the bus to Isinlivi. The ride should have given spectacular views but today the clouds rolled in. There is just one hostel in Isinlivi, the baby llama. I loved this place, one of the nicest hostels I've stayed in, and I was the only one to be there that night. As the rain beat down, I sat next to the wood fire, with the hostels friendly cat on my la, reading a rather good book set in north Wales. For a moment I almost became homesick.